There is a feeling of a fantasy world that comes over when you push a garage door opener. Like wonderful magic, a bulky and weight mechanism opens smoothly and facilitate you with a promise of security and storage. But what happens when the garage door is not working properly due to a malfunctioning garage door opener. You will be happy to know that the garage door opener is relatively easy to maintain and fix. There are a lot of certified and reputed garage door companies like, Nando’s Garage Door Repair which offer efficient garage door services.
In this article, we will explain you step by step procedure to get your functional garage door back in no time. An opener consists of a force adjustment switch and an electric motor to open and close the garage door using a single click of the remote. These parts can be wired into the electrical circuits to make a perfect combination to be used with a battery-powered remote. When you pushed the button of the remote, it sends the signals to the opener, in turn; the motor will receive the command to work. Common types of problems that can happen are:
- Not responding garage door opener
- The garage door may open but fails to close
- The motor may work but does not open the garage door
- The motor may run automatically without any command at all
- A garage door may not open or close properly
- The garage door motor may reverse during the closing
Due to the fact that these devices are a little more complicated and tricky to handle than other electronic devices and a motor, the majority of garage door service tasks start with motor inspection, battery replacement, lubrication of moving parts, and alignments of the mechanism.
Identification of the garage door problems and their solutions:
- In case, the garage door is not responding, make sure that the particular cords are plugged in properly and securely. Wait for about fifteen minutes and then try to open the garage door again.
- If the garage door fails to function even though a wall-mounted pad, then look around to find out loose connections, frayed cables, and broken wires. If you found them, it is good to call professional garage door technicians.
- If the garage door opener looks running but does not work to open the garage door, search around to find out the wear and tear of a chain-driven sprocket or damaged gears. If needed, hire a professional service to get the job done.
- If the mechanism opens on its own, check to evaluate if the button on the remote has become jammed. In this case, you will have to replace the faulty circuit board whenever you need it.
Chances are that you may find yourself in such a hectic situation. In this case, it is strongly suggested that hire a professional garage door technician help you in this regard and avoid costly fixes down the road. Hopefully, with the above-mentioned tips in hand, you will be able to successfully diagnose the problems of malfunctioning garage door opener and find out their solutions. Best of luck!!